Monday 19 November 2012

Do you smell something? I smell Christmas!


 Hello, everyone! I'm back with a post today. :)

This post isn't my written masterpiece or whatever. It's something that I actually thought of when I walked down the stairs of my school and happened to look out of the window. My eyes widened in admiration when I saw the trees outside being lit up with colorful circle lights.



I'm sorry about the quality of the photos. I just took them using my phone. But I really have to show you how awesome it looked. Not like it's really beautiful in the picture but I guess you can imagine it, right?


Well, anyway, when my friends and I finally turned for the last set of stairs to reach the main lobby. If my eyes widened in awe when I saw the lights on the trees outside, the thing on the main lobby blown my mind.




Almost everything in the place was blue. There were three Christmas trees behind a Belen (a Christmas symbol representing the Nativity scene; depicts then infant Jesus Christ in the manger, Mother Mary, St. Joseph, the Three Kings, the shepherds and their animals). Even though there were a lot of people passing by the lobby because it was dismissal time for the most of us, I waited for the crowd to lessen and finally able to take a picture.


Upon seeing the Belen on the lobby, I was reminded that it is almost Christmas. And Advent season is almost here. Another indication that Christ's birth is near.

Yeah, I know some of you are saying that it's kind of early to be celebrating Christmas. So, I decided to give a little information about Christmas in the Philippines. Just a little bit. This won't take long. :)

We all know that Philippine's Christmas season is the longest Christmas season in the world. Am I right? If you don't know, then let me inform you a bit about Philippine's Christmas.

Philippines is already in Christmas Season even before you can say "Trick or Treat".Yes, it happens or starts even before November. The said season in the country starts at the same time as the "BER" months start. September. Would you look at that. The season ends at January too. So, let's count the months, shall we? 1, 2, 3, 4... Most likely, 4 or 5 months, yes? I know some of you may be baffled by it, but I'll save the discussion for my later posts.

Well, I guess that's all I have to let you know for now. I'm glad you took your time reading this post (if you still are reading even up to this point). I really appreciate it. Thank you and God bless! :)

Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah... I'm gonna bring my cam later to be able to take a pic of the nativity in the school lobby... :)

    ReplyDelete