Saturday 8 December 2012

Rurouni Kenshin "Samurai X" Live Action Movie

As we all know and for those who don't, Rurouni Kenshin Live Film Adaptation was premiered in the Philippines on the 5th until the 7th of December. Upon the announcement, we, Filipino fans, were so excited to watch it! Watching the trailers made us look more forward to the movie!

Here are the trailers of Rurouni Kenshin Live Action Movie.

Trailer 1

Trailer 2
 

Cinematography wise, I'm pretty sure that this could get anyone want to watch the movie in the theatres.

Moving on! My friends and I watched the movie on the first day, December 5. I'm going to give my review about the movie starting here. I'll go in this sequence -- Adaptation, Music, Fighting Scenes, and Cast.



Adaption
The adaptation of the movie was good. I think there were two arcs from the anime combined in this movie. I actually like how they merge the two arcs together. They had Udo Jine act as Battosai, right? Turned out Jine is also one of the guys who are under Kanryu Takeda, the head of the opium trade. In the movie, the two arcs were merged with harmony. LOL, really. I mean, They weren't mixed sloppily. Every part of the arc had its own spot light. One focus at a time.

Music 
I totally love the music of the movie. Sure I love the music of the anime but the music used gave more life and emotion into the movie. I also like the fact that the production didn't use any of the songs or OSTs used in the anime. It is because I'd like the movie to stand out not just an adaptation but also a movie itself. 

Fighting Scenes
Now this is one of the most visible perfection one could see while watching the movie. Fighting scenes. The fighting scenes in the movie were no joke at all. The choreography was so awesome that I could only say "Wow..." every now and then. I could see how hard they practiced just to get the choreography right. Everything was in harmony. The moves were so fluid and crispy. I can't really say that I'm an expert in telling about how cripsy and fluid the choreography was but that is how I see it.

Cast
Honestly, I love the cast for this movie, especially Takeru Sato who played the role of Kenshin Himura. Kudos to him. He totally got Kenshin's character. Not just as Battosai but also Kenshin's cute side. I honestly found him adorable! I wanted to kidnap him right there and then. Unfortunately, I couldn't because he was inside a movie while I was in a movie house. Life can be unfair. LOL, please ignore that little drama just now. Well, anyway, as I've said I love the cast for this movie.  From Kenshin to Sanosuke, to Saito, to Yahiko. But I do have a bit of a problem. Well, not really a problem but a concern. The first time I saw Megumi, I thought she was a character that I don't know of.

It turned out that she was Megumi, the doctor.  I suddenly thought to myself "Isn't Megumi supposed to be hot? This girl's too cute." 



I also have the same thing for Kaoru. Kaoru is this strong-will young lady, so I never really imagined her to be this cute too.


I have to admit, though, she is really pretty. I really like her. :) Actually I like both of the female lead actors. They have done their part well and I appreciate them for that. I know there's a good reason for them being chosen for the roles given to them.

OVER-ALL
This is the best Japanese movie I have seen so far. It is also the best adaptation from an anime and manga I have ever seen. I would like to congratulate the whole production team of Rurouni Kenshin Live Film Adapatation. Kudos to each and every one of you. You have made a masterpiece. The production was also considerate enough that even though they are also targeting other countries with this movie, that they put subtitles. As a person who have watched a lot of anime, I really don't want to watch on dub. It's because we can feel the actors real portrayal of their characters. Thank you again for a wonderful job. ^^

When I first saw the trailers, I knew the movie would be awesome. I just hoped that it wouldn't be like the usual adaptations where they actually change something from the manga or anime that would make me wonder "What on earth is going on?" So yeah, I totally love it!
In fact, I have to say that even if you're not a fan or you haven't known Samurai X or Rurouni Kenshin at all, you can actually get the story with just this movie. It's because the movie is about Kenshin being an assassin became wanderer who wanted to protect the Japanese people from evil; however, his past still haunts him. 


My PHP 180.00 was actually a small sum compared to the quality of the movie I paid it for. It was more than just worth it! I couldn't stop thinking of how awesome the movie is. I even planned on buying the original DVD, because it's all worth it for me. Really, guys. You wouldn't regret watching it.


I guess that's all for my movie review. Thanks for reading this long post, everyone. God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment